Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time for an update

I haven't been very good at blogging lately, so here is a quick update. We are very busy. Every night is filled with something. Randy used to get home shortly after 4:00, but now I am lucky to see him by 5:30 and then I am usually running off doing something for Primary. That's okay. We are happy and that is what matters.

Mark is in a sports class right now, but is still counting down the days until soccer starts. And tee ball, too. Which isn't quite as bad as Randy counting down to baseball season--that has been going on since the end of baseball season in October. I can't even believe how well Mark is reading. I know I shouldn't brag, but I hardly help him, and he just reads right through most books and verses in the scriptures. I am so proud of him!

The nicest thing Mark ever did was share a Laffy Taffy with Dax on Tuesday. At the end of his little sports class, they each get two Laffy Taffies, and he didn't even hesitate. He said, "Mom, look! They gave me an extra, one for me and one for Dax." Then, the next time we went, he said, "I got an extra one again!" and then handed it to Dax. I can't tell him that everyone gets two because he rarely shares with Dax. I hope he can keep it up for the next four classes.

Dax is getting big. I can't believe he will be two in a few months. He says so many things--you really can have a conversation with him. I don't like when he stands next to me and yells, "Mommy, sit down!"  This means sit down and read me a story, but he never asks nicely. Which is funny since he is the politest child ever. I don't even try with him and he says thank you for everything. He is precious!

The other day it snowed and we went out to play. About six hours later it was mostly gone, but we had a lot of fun! I helped the boys build a snowman, my first one without Randy's help, and it even stayed standing until the sun hit it! Check it out.

Three cuties!

6 hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews