Friday, April 6, 2012

Two-wheeler

Mark had been wearing his training wheels thin and he mostly balanced on one side since his wheels were so old. I decided he was ready to to move on. He was finally tall enough to reach the ground and still sit on his bike, so I told Randy it was time to take off the training wheels. So about a week ago, we did. The funny thing was that I held the back of the bike and started to help him go, but Mark just took off and rode down to the end of the street before he fell over. I couldn't believe it. I know he is a little older (5 1/2), but I didn't expect it to be so easy. He wasn't very good at turning or stopping, but he could balance and ride back and forth down the street just fine. For the rest of the week he rode his bike every day and we worked on turning and stopping, and now he is a pro. This is the boy who took forever to be potty-trained, but apparently riding a bike is a piece of cake to him. This is a video from his 2nd day of no training wheels.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews