Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mark's Baptism



On July 5, 2014, the day after Mark turned 8, he was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We were so proud of his decision to be baptized.

Mark was so excited to be baptized. I didn't know how excited until Randy told me about Mark getting ready at the church. They had to be early so they could change, and fill out some paperwork. Randy said that Mark never stopped talking. He was constantly moving and talking. I'm sure he was nervous and excited all at once.

The baptism and confirmation were so perfect. Everything went well and the spirit was so strong. I didn't cry until the confirmation...I thought that was pretty good. We had tons of family there and it is a day that I hope everyone in my family remembers.

After the baptism, we went to the park and had a bbq with the family. It was a little crazy getting it started, but it was fun to spend the day with our family.

Mark and dad heading off to the church.
I am grateful that Randy was able to baptize and confirm Mark.

The family

Randy bbq'd on the 4th and the 5th of July. Poor guy!
I'll be nicer to him next year.

Hanging out with grandma.

Mark and Daniel were talking on the swings. They think they are so grown-up!
Mark had been learning "When I Am Baptized" this month. It was the perfect song as he was preparing to be baptized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews