Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mother's Day!


I had an awesome Mother's Day this year. My boys (and Randy) spoiled me a lot. They took me out to dinner the night before and dropped me off for a pedicure. I got a new iPod since my old one wasn't working so well. Mark made me a cute necklace at school out of a domino, and Dax made me a handprint in clay to save. I also got a new crock pot so I can make two things at once. I was super excited about that one!

My toes still look good two weeks later!

On Mother's Day, I told Randy I would take care of the cooking. He always feels obligated to cook for me, but I figured if I wanted to eat something that I wanted, I would have to make it myself. So I made myself French Toast for breakfast and a ham dinner. I also made Dazzleberry Pie for dessert.

In the morning, we went for a bird drive out West to Camp Floyd. We had hoped to see some colorful small birds, but couldn't find any. We did see a Turkey Vulture sunning himself and a California Quail (my favorite bird). It was a beautiful morning, and just what I wanted for Mother's Day--to spend time with my family.

Turkey Vulture

California Quail

My crazy crew that I love to pieces!

And one with Randy...didn't want to leave him out!
He's the best husband I could ever ask for.
This picture is from later in the week at the Payson temple.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews