Saturday, September 5, 2015

Swimming Lessons

This year all three boys took swimming lessons. Mark and Dax are getting close to being able to swim. I am just glad that they are not afraid of the water anymore.

Seth took a mommy and me class last year (it was daddy and me half the time), and so this was his first chance of swimming alone. He cried the first day, the second day he cried for 10 minutes, and then for the rest of the days he loved it! All we wanted for Seth this year was to have fun and I think that happened.
Seth would put his face in, but not his head all the way under!
He wasn't a huge fan of the back float. He would rather be playing a game.
He even jumped in the last few days! Go Seth!
Every time I looked at Dax he was under the water. Seriously, he just bobbed up and down. I kept asking him if he was listening to his teacher, and he promised he was, and he also passed his level, so I'm assuming that he was doing okay.
Dax had a hard time keeping his shorts on! 
Always under the water. Always! 
I finally caught one of his face!
Mark worked really hard at swimming lessons, but there were lots of things that challenged him. He is in the levels were they work on different leg movements and strokes, so it's a little more work. But I was proud of him for doing his best and never giving up.
Here comes Mark! 
Mark dove into the deep water. A bit scary...
Everyone in his class was wearing goggles, so finally the last two days of class I let him wear a pair.
Randy and I had fun sitting poolside and chatting. There were three moms from Highland who joined in some days too.  Overall, swimming lessons were a huge success!

1 comment:

Total Pageviews