Wednesday, November 11, 2015

13 Years and still Lovin' It!

Wedding Day: October 12, 2002

Randy and I had our 13 year anniversary last month. We were able to go out to dinner and have a few minutes to ourselves. I keep saying this is our unlucky year, but hopefully that won't actually come to fruition. We have had many wonderful years and we want to keep that trend going.

I have been thinking about all the things that have happened in the last 13 years since we have merged our lives together. A lot has gone on when you sit back and think about it.

--two master's degrees
--Randy completed a math endorsement
--said goodbye to Randy's mom and Grandma and Natalie's grandpa
--bought a house
--finished a yard
--had three children
--survived two heart procedures (one being major heart surgery)
--purchased three different cars
--visited Yellowstone 7 times
--went to two Red Sox games
--watched a lot of soccer, T-ball, and basketball games...more to come!
--started an adventure blog
--hiked our feet to death!
--visited/attended sessions in all the temples in Utah
--taught A LOT of school

Now I know that those of you who have been married for longer than us can boast many more accomplishments, but I have been reflecting that in 13 more years our lives will be a lot different. Mark will be 22 and home from a mission and in college. Dax will be 19 and out on a mission. Seth will be 16 and learning to drive. That is hard for me to imagine while I play Batman with Seth every day and help him go to the bathroom. But I also know that there is no one that I'd rather spend 13 more years with than Randy!

13 year anniversary: October 12, 2015

1 comment:

Total Pageviews