Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dax turns 3!

The Birthday Boy!
Today was Dax's birthday. I asked Dax the night before what he wanted for breakfast, and he asked for bacon and toast. So that is what we had (and a few eggs). I bought some balloons because Dax is a huge fan of balloons, so there were balloons tied on his chair for breakfast. He was so excited.


We had a great day. Playing, opening a few presents here and there--his big present was a new bike! He has been telling me for almost 6 months that he wants a basketball hoop cake. Last year was a basketball cake, so this year we moved up to basketball hoop. Here is the final product.


Since it is Dax's birthday, I thought I would tell you some of the things that I love about him.  I love that Dax is generally kind. He will give someone a toy or share something with them to help them feel better. I think being a second child he had to learn that quality. I love that he says the silliest things. Dax is always saying something to crack us up. His favorite song right now is Hang on Snoopy! (You know, Hang on Sloopy, the old 50s song?) I love that he wants to help me clean. When Mark is at preschool, he will follow me around dusting, wiping walls, pushing the vacuum (with some help), and unloading the dishwasher. He is so smart. Dax loves to read and tell stories. I'm excited for him to head to preschool in the fall. I know he will love it! Happy Birthday Dax.


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Dax! You are so cute...I hope you had an awesome day!
    Love,
    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to find your blog! Happy birthday Dax!...2 already?! And I'm sure Mark is a natural at the piano!! Way to go Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Dax!! But wait, I wanted to see that bike I've heard so much about...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, and that cake is AWESOME!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake turned out awesome! I love it. Can you believe our tiny kids are 3? My favorite thing about Dax is how he says Alice.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews