Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nesting

Hey, this is Randy . . .

So what's up with pregnant women? Specifically, I have two questions. The first one is "Why do they nest?" Natalie has about 6 weeks left before her due date and she's been nesting like crazy-- trips to DI, pulling things in and out of our crawl space, dejunking every room in the house. Don't get me wrong, I really love it. When we finish having kids, we might have to simulate pregnancy just to get things ship-shape! Sometimes I get caught up in the nesting projects, which can be slightly inconvenient, but usually what she's doing really needs done, so I don't mind.

The second question, and I've noticed this with many pregnant women, is why is it a crime to call it "nesting" when it's afoot? Yesterday, I got a few emails about all the cleaning and dejunking while I was at work. Later, I asked, "How's the nesting going?" Big mistake. I was informed that she wasn't nesting. She was just getting rid of stuff so there'd be a place to PUT our newborn. And wouldn't it be nice to have everything clean when he comes?!

Not nesting, just cleaning and dejunking-- got it!

4 comments:

  1. It is spring, you know! Spring cleaning? She just happens to be pregnant at the same time...actually the implication that she is nesting implies that she is about to lay an egg and I can see why that would bother her.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call it nesting for myself. But Randy isn't this your third time around. You should know the rules by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! The joys of pregnant women! Good luck dejunking/cleaning/whatever you call it, but it is not nesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still "nesting" but I feel like this every spring. At least she is doing more than just cooking mexican food!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews