Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Whole New Level of Nesting

As you know, I am pregnant. I am now 3 weeks away from my scheduled C-section and I have been nesting. Randy wrote his opinion on this a few months ago. My last project is the baby's room. I haven't done any organizing or cleaning in the nursery yet. So today, I opened the door to take a look and remembered how I wanted to have the carpet restretched in that room and the hallway. There is a big bubble in the middle that drives me crazy. I also thought I might as well get the carpets cleaned while they are repairing the carpet. I made a few calls, got a few estimates, talked with Randy and we decided to go forward with one company. They called and said someone had cancelled for tomorrow--would we be available if they came by. Of course, the sooner the better.

So, I was planning on picking up the toys, moving a few small bookshelves, and calling it good. Randy decided that if we were going to do this project, we had to go all in. So he moved everything. Literally everything off the carpet, except the piano. We decided it could stay where it was. Tomorrow night we will be sleeping in the basement because the carpet has to dry for 24 hours. He worked really hard, but it was way more work than anything I have been doing. Who's nesting?

The kitchen with 2 bookshelves, a dresser, and a changing table.

The one item that didn't get moved.

Our basement full of red couches.

The boy's bathroom. Yes, that is a shredder in the bathtub.

Our bathroom. I hope I don't have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, what a mess! Good thing he's around to help.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's all there is to say. Wow, Randy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks like my house when the kids are done playing at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews