Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

I have had a great Mother's Day weekend this year. It all began on Thursday when I went to Dax's preschool for a special mother's day surprise. The kids dressed up and served us a treat. They also performed some songs and told why they loved their mothers. The extra special surprise was that they painted our fingernails. Due to the lack of girls in our house, my boys have never had their fingernails painted and have definitely never painted someone else's. So it was quite an adventure as Dax painted my fingers...no, he really painted my fingers. His teacher just stood by and laughed as it was running down the sides of my fingers. It was a lot of fun! Because Dax used so much nail polish, my nails are actually covered very well, and most of the extra has washed off my skin now. I had a lot of fun spending time just with Dax. He is a real sweetheart.

Dax and mom

Dax singing some Mother's Day songs.

Dax took this picture of me after he painted my nails.

He made me this awesome mug.

He also gave me a back rub at preschool, so Randy had him reenact it.

Mark brought home a sweet note that he wrote for me. He wrote an acrostic poem as part of his letter. I loved it! It said:
Mom is a good cook.
Oh, so beautiful.
Most nice

Mark's letter is on the back of the butterfly!
I had to include a picture of Seth with mom.
Don't you love his cheese face?
On Friday night, my sister and I went to get pedicures. We have been trying to go for a long time, but it was a nice outing and I love my toes!

On Mother's Day, Randy made me french toast (my favorite) and a fancy apple syrup that was very delicious. They bought me 4 dozen beautiful roses. And everyone treated me very kindly. I had to play the organ and speak at church today so not the most relaxing Mother's Day as far as church goes, but it was all worthwhile when Dax ran up while I was playing the postlude and he told me that I did a great job and that I was beautiful before he hurried off to Primary. Seth also came and gave me lots of hugs. I think he missed me sitting with the family today.

My beautiful flowers
I love being a mom. It's hard work, but my boys are such great boys. Mark is so smart and such a great helper. I feel guilty sometimes that I make him run all over the house to get things for me, but he always does it with a smile. Dax is a real sweetheart. He gave me lots of hugs and told me how much he loved me lots of times today. Seth is so much fun. He is at a fun age where he is learning so many new things and he tries so hard to be a big boy. They bring so much joy to my life!

I'm so lucky to have these three!

3 comments:

  1. I noticed the nail polish today, but didn't get a chance to ask. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good day. You are such a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great-looking bunch!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews