Thursday, May 11, 2017

Piano Recital

Mark and Dax had their piano recital at the end of April. I am so proud of them for their hard work at piano. They practice every day, and rarely fight me on it. And they can play so well. Mark is playing the hymns almost as well as his Mom, and Dax loves playing Beatles songs.

At the recital, Dax performed Yakety Yak and Twist and Shout. He worked hard to memorize them, and did really well. When he forgot where he was in the song, he paused to figure it out and then started right up again. Dax did awesome.



Mark performed Tocatina in A Minor and I Know That My Redeemer Lives. He played the Tocatina SO fast. I could have never played it that fast, and he played the hymn perfectly. Mark also performed his concerto with his teacher. This is a 10 page song that he memorized for a festival performance in March. His teacher wanted to show the other kids how it worked. They struggled a little at the end at the recital, but in the actual festival they did great and Mark even earned a perfect score. Mark also earned his gold cup for competing in Concerto festival for three years.




1 comment:

  1. I love that I get to hear them now!! They both did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews